Monday, February 25, 2013

Style Series 9- Two Strand Twist

Hey guys, how are y'all doing? I hope great. Wow today has been somewhat adventurous. So I decided to deep condition my hair (ORS hair mayo + plastic cap + 2 hrs), as I hadn't done so in a while.
My hair had soo much build up from a hair mousse and gel that I had used previously, so I shampooed and conditioned with the Yes to carrots range. (my sis finds the name so funny...go figure)

I was to meet my friend for coffee and for some reason thought I had a lot of time on my hands and so decided to do a 2-strand twist. I had only done one quarter of my hair when I realized it was time to meet her. I text her saying I'd be 30 mins late. (How I could possibly twist my whole head of hair in 30mins I just don't know but I decided I'd try and be superwoman).

So 30 ended up being 45mins and like a boss I had 3/4 of it completed. So I simply used a big flower to pin up the fat 'juicy' twist lurking at the back of my head, as I walked out in style with my hair partially done. Abi is that not what style is all about- being unique et al?

Nwys I got back home and finished the rest of it. Unlike my previous 2 strand twist (style series 5), this was done on wet/freshly washed hair. The products I used were different as well and are as follows:
* Aloe vera gel (optional)
* Yes to carrots leave in conditioner
* Almond oil

My routine was really basic.
Step 1: Moisturise with leave in and seal with oil
Step 2: Detangle with tangle teeter
Step 3 (optional): apply pea sized amount of aloe vera gel
Step 4: twist away.

Below are pics of the finished look....

Got milk? Hair?
My relaxed ends still holding on for dear life




So that's all for now. Till then, take care and God bless.

xoxo,
Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment