Monday, June 18, 2012

I just had to repost this


Afro Barbie :)


I just saw a link on O'Naturals blog and decided to click on it to see what it was about. Little did I know it would open a can of butterflies in my heart. (Yes and I said butterflies cos I don't have no worms in my heart....ewwww).

Check it out here: Photography by Obi

This is an amazing work of art to say the least. I find it hard to believe he did it out of boredom because getting all the props would have required a lot of time, energy and planning.  It was very well done. Attending my cousins engagement 2 years ago made the pictures and the all the more realer.

I know these are dolls but I could actually feel the emotions and the excitement as though they were real people.  Did y'all spot the one in green and brown that was 'beremole-ing?  (tew mad....as my AH'ers would say)...And of course there was the barbie rocking the fro.

I almost feel embarrassed saying this but there's a story here. You see but as a kid I could play for hours with my dolls non stop and not get tired. My mum even had to lock them up from time to time to get me and my sis to go to bed. Infact before I got my first barbie, I used to use body lotions as dolls (*hides face*) and make clothes for them as well as the real dolls; As a matter of fact they all went to school and wrote exams...it was that serious. 


So yeah looking at these pictures definitely made me feel nostalgic....my heart is actually racing....I miss them all; Katie, Gund, Tony Blair and Pond to mention a few :'( *ok pull yourself together*. 
It's amazing how photography can evoke such memories...memories you thought were long gone but which will always have a special place in your heart no matter how old one gets.  

You know you're an excellent photographer when you can make inanimate objects come to life.

That's all for now. Will be posting soon.

xoxo
Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment