Friday, February 3, 2012

Style Series #1

Hey guys, so this is series one of what I hope to be a regular feature of this blog. In this series, I will showcase some of the styles I have rocked over the course of my journey as well as new ones I learn.

Today I'm going to show you a style I coined- the 'Pipeline' -for all you surfers out there y'all should get my drift...lol
So I was going to a beach event on this day and couldn't decide what to do with my hair. After several fumbling attempts I finally came up with this one which I thought was pretty cool :)

Unfortunately I didn't take pics of each stage of the styling process and as such have pics of only the finished look, but I hope it helps anyway. Enyoy!!!



What you'll need-
Your hands

Banana clip

Eco styler gel (optional)


Bobby pins




 









 Step 1: Make two side parts on both sides of your temples and then make a horizontal line at the middle of the head to join the two side parts to give you a section of hair in the front (like if you were making a pompadour)

Step 2: Pack the rest of the hair using the banana clip (in the vertical orientation);  then roll the hairs sticking out of the clip upwards and pin into place.
N.B- you may want to use some gel to smooth your edges when doing this.


banana clip holding the back section together

Step 3- With the frontal section of hair , make a longitudinal part dividing that section into 2.

Step 4- Starting at the posterior end of one section,begin to roll downwards/inwards advancing all the way to the front of that section and continuing with the second section, rolling it all the way to the back of that section.
Once you're happy with the height of your 'pipeline' pin the twisted section into place and pin away any stray hairs.




My pipeline- view from above

Front-ish kinnda view


xoxo
Miss Jay









No comments:

Post a Comment