Monday, June 25, 2012

Hallelujah!!!!!


WORD!!!!!!!! I remember when I got this album in SS2 or 3, I used to listen to it every other day. I was so transfixed on learning all the harmonies; infact my dream at that time was to be in a choir in a band like Kirk Franklin's. Listening to it now, I realize how much I've changed and how much more personal my faith has become.
 One of the first things I realized when I started going to church here was that when we sing song's the focus should always be on God and we should always mean the lyrics and sing from a sincere heart. When you focus on how you sound you are not giving God the glory as you are putting yourself first and stealing His glory. So I don't care how cracked or unharmonious my voice sounds, I'ma use it to praise my Lord. Nowadays, I actually prefer for my voice to be drowned by the music so that that way I don't get distracted.
Man I've just been singing and dancing round my apartment like crazy. I keep praying that I have the boldness to dance in church like I used to in the club.

Stay Blessed..
xoxo
Miss Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment