Sunday, July 29, 2012

My hair straightening experience.......again

So remember I said in a previous post that I was going for a wedding and was going to get my hair straightened....Well things didn't exactly go as planned unfortunately; I was unable to get an appointment at the brazilian hair salon. I left the booking till the last minute by which time they had no availability. I thought of going home to do my hair myself but in one last burst of hope I headed to the north side to try the 'minority' salons. 

And so I walked into to the first chinese salon, on a quiet street....the receptionist lady eventually attended to me and when I asked if they did a 'wash and blow-dry', she politely said she would ask one of the stylists who came to 'inspect' my hair and said no. I found it quite funny how he looked strangely upon my bunch of coils and kinks...

Then for more laughs, I headed to a second asian salon which had an organic vibe going on...I was quite pleased to find that it was quite empty and clean...nwys some asian man came running up to me and when I asked if they could do my hair he had this shocked expression (you know like that long 'noooo' expression when u ask them for a discount a la Russell Peters....lol) nwys he followed by saying we don't do 'those'....at which point I simply burst out laughing.

To be fair though I know I was kinnda taking the piss 'cos asian/chinese people have bone straight hair and so in hair academy they wouldn't have learnt how to deal with coily hair. I guess I was just looking for a professional who would go out of his comfort zone and be adventurous enough.

Anyways I get home and about 2 1/2 hrs later, I'm done washing, blowdrying, and straightening my hair. Oh the joys....i don't mind the process cos I love all things hair but its nice when u can just relax and read a book whilst someone does all the work for you :D

So here's pretty much what I used

Whoaaa I know it looks like a lot so I'ma break it down :) [Oh and by the way I have the places of purchase in brackets]

PRODUCTS (L-R): Tresemme heat defense styling spray (Boots),
Herbal essences beautiful ends (Boots), Chi silk infusion (CVS), 
Giovanni direct leave in (South William street Pharmacy)

BRUSHES & COMBS (T-B): Heat retainer brush (Sally Salon services),
Tangle teezer (Boots), Blue Wide-toothed comb (Boots), White
Small-toothed comb (from random airline) 

ELECTRICALS (T-B): Sassoon hair hydration straightners (Boots/argos ),
Remington hair envy hair dryer (Boots)















Anyways, so here was my routine:
1. I Co-washed in 4 sections using herbal essences beautiful ends (Ya, I know I probably should have shampooed first but I simply did not have the time).
2. I then took down each section and moisturized with Giovanni direct leave in and sealed with the  Chi silk infusion. I then twisted up each section into 2-3 smaller sections.
3. When I was done moisturizing my whole head of hair, I sprayed my tressemme heat protectant everywhere and started off blowdrying a tiny section from a small twisted section using a round bristle brush.
4. I blow-dried the rest of my hair and then proceeded to straighten in tiny sections using my vidal sassoon hair straightener.

Unfortunatley on getting to the wedding it started to pour, and even though I used my jacket to cover my hair, it started frizzing up.

Anyways enough talk....now pictures. (I was in a bit of a rush so didn't take any pics of the initial finished result, so I straightened my hair upon returning using much larger sections but overall the results were very similar to the first attempt).




By the time I got home, yup it was a frizz-ball...... (is it me or does my face and part of my chest look purple????)









..... and so I decided to re-straighten it





Phew....glad that's over...lol..
Wrapped my hair loosely overnight and planning on keeping it straight till maybe Wednesday..

Nwys take care and God bless.

XOXO
Miss Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment