Saturday, July 14, 2012

Style Series 7- Bantu-knot out

So I was having a bad hair day last week as I went over to visit my folks. As usual, I didn't have anything in my hair arsenal as I had to travel real light (especially after paying to put my luggage in hold the last time....sigh...ryanair)... On a side note, I think it would be such a great idea if the airlines in 9j imposed a 1-piece hand luggage policy; it would be a blessing to see Nigerians traveling light for once (or who knows, probably mama iyabo and her 5 underaged children will be carrying 1 small suitcase each).

Anyways so my dad was distracted by my 'messy' hair upon seeing me and as usual we had the 'when are you going to do your hair?' conversation; I later made a trip to tesco that day, and stocked up on some conditioner.... (little aside) Speaking of conditioner I had to go to 5 different pharmacies/health shops today before I could find a Giovanni direct leave in conditioner. I literally bought the last two in the store and God knows probably in this city. Only 2 of these places sold the giovanni line and the pharmacy I bought the leave-in's from said that they may be discontinuing the range...oh joy!!

Did I mention that one of my natural friends got a relaxer? (ok I know I didn't mention..lol). You know what,  it actually didn't bother me as much; and it definitely has not  hasn't changed the way I see or feel about her one bit. 
For some people being natural can become almost a part time career, whereas on the other end of the spectrum, it's just one of those things. I think it was later for my friend and I hate to think that she got frustrated with her hair and didn't know what to do with it but turn to the creamy crack.
The one thing I  must say I regret however was not inviting her home and demonstrating with my products how to manage her hair. I've actually NEVER dealt with anyone's natural hair but mine come to think of it and I'd really love to give it a go. 

Anyways sorry for all the digression, having a bit of verbal diarrhea today.
So I decided to do a bantu knot out. As usual I divided my hair into four sections and starting with one section, I did about 9 bantu knots per section. I spritzed each small section with water and added a pea-sized amount of conditioner to the section before 'rolling'. I didn't have any oil with me at the time otherwise I would have used something thick like castor or moroccan oil to seal in the moisture. Unfortunately I didn't take pics of the initial bantu knotting process but did take a few of the results. The style lasted about 5 days and by the 5th day I wore my hair up in a messy bun.

PRODUCTS: hands, water, herbal essences (beautiful ends).

Day 1 hair- side view





Day 2- a bit more stretched out...i think







Anyways that's all for now folks. I found some old pics of a faux bun and a flexi rod set so keep an eye out (literarily...lol) for the next style series.

Mucho lovo,
Miss Jay :P

No comments:

Post a Comment