Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My K.I.S.S regimen

And no this has nothing to do with kissing :). For some who don't know K.I.S.S is an acronym for Keep It Short and Simple; From my experience I have found that I retain the most length when I manipulate my hair the least. This is what I do.

1. Pre-poo and Shampoo once a fortnight.
2. Deep-condition on 'dry' hair followed by a co-wash (weekly)
3. Moisturise with leave-in conditioner +/- seal with essential oil.
4. Stretch out hair and style.

Pre-poo
- vo5 hot oil



Shampoo- Tressemme thermal recovery (protein); Phytojoba (moisture)
Tressemme thermal recovery

Phytojoba shampoo



Conditioner- Yes to carrots/cucumbers, Herbal Essences  Hello Hydration (moisture); Herbal Essences Beautiful ends (protein)
Yes to Carrots

Yes to Cucumbers (smells amazing!!!)

HE Hello Hydration

HE Beautiful Ends





Deep condition
- ORS replenishing conditioner (protein)



Leave-in/ Moisturizer
- kimmaytube leave in (2 TBSP knot today conditioner + 2 TBSP aloe vera juice + 2 TSP castor oil + 2 TSP jojoba oil)



When I don't have the time to make this, I simply moisturize with water:glycerin mix (60:40) or use Giovanni Direct leave in and seal with an oil of my choice (e.g. EVOO, coconut, castor, jojoba or avocado)
Giovanni Direct Leave-In


I know I said my regimen was simple, so why all the many products? and what's with the protein vs moisture labelling?
To answer myself  :-), I only use one product in each category depending on how my hair strands feel [protein overloaded (hard & brittle) vs moisture overloaded (too elastic)].
My main conditioners are the Yes to range, whilst I use the herbal essences as a back up option.
I hope that was useful in helping you come up with your regimen.



xoxo,
Miss Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment