Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Kennaland- the B.C Venue???

So I was reading the Corinne Bailey Rae interview on Curlynikki here and she spoke of a London based stylist, Kenna from the salon Kennaland who specializes in afro-hair.  At reading this I became quite excited because for a long time I felt I would have to go to the US to get my B.C due to the lack of natural hair salons here.  And so I'm thinking...hmmm this could be an alternative.


I was looking at the pricelist and my oh my, the ladies cut is quite expensive if I may say. (I guess that's how much you charge when you have a celebrity clientelle- Did I mention He does the likes of Shingai Shoniwa's hair??....More on her hair later). 
Anyways, so being me, I tried to rationalize and felt that if I had spent 2 years transitioning, its only fair that I got a professional job to complete the process.
The salon looks fab and has a retro feel to it. Here are a few pics I found:

styling chair
waiting area

z washing chair


another view

the man himself...mr kenna




in action...

Right now my hair feels very shrunken and I am thinking geez, how much longer am I going to have to wait to BC. I am hoping I would be ready before the end of the year... that should give me enough time to save.
My hair is currently in a bun and I'm thinking of sharing some recent pics in the upcoming posts so stay tuned :)


XOXO
Miss Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment