Wednesday, February 8, 2012

# Inspiration- Life, oh life...


So I was driving home from work yesterday and felt the need to have a pep talk with myself as I felt I had reached a low and was living on autopilot once again..I don't know about you, but do you ever get one of those lows where everything you are doing is just average and you know you are not putting in your best? Well I get them...a lot.


I started by reminding myself that life is short. This is something I know but somehow seem to push into my subconscious. Sometimes I hear of people dying around me and especially when they are not close to me, I kind of distance myself from the truth of that reality, as though it would never happen to me.


The truth is we are all going to die someday. It may be today, it may be tomorrow, we don't know. I'm not trying to be morbid here, but I think it's important we have this at the back of our minds so as to spur ourselves into doing and giving the best we have to give everyday.


Life is not a training ground. There is no part 2. This is all we've got. We don't know when it's going to end. Every second of what we do here counts towards our eternity and that eternity is far REALER than anything we are experiencing here on earth.



I believe that when we die we will give an account to our creator of what we did with our lives on earth and with the talents given to us. With that I ask- what are you doing with the talent's you've got? Are you hiding them because you have low self esteem and worry of what people will think of you? (Is that what you will tell God when you stand before him?) Or on the contrary are you developing them and using them for the benefit of yourself and those around you?


Dig deep guys. Begin to explore an excavate what is within you. What makes you tick? What brings you immense joy or immense grief? What do people compliment you on? It's all in YOU.


I really want to encourage you and me to make the best of this puff called life. Do not live a second rate life...infact RUN from one. If there is anything you are doing that you regret, change course now before its too late. I watched this clip on Steve Jobs and thought his viewpoints were spot on and really inspiring. I'd implore you to check it out:



So with that guys I say, Dream dreams and pursue them with all you've got. Develop your talents. Travel, see the world. Meet new people. Care for the poor, the sick, the unloved- never look upon such things as a burden cos the truth is there is greater joy and happiness in giving- be it our time, money, love etc.

Peace and blessings (dnt mind me trying to form 'conscious'...lol)

Miss Jay :)







No comments:

Post a Comment