Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hair inspiration: Spotlight- Nneka

Wow, this is actually ironic but I happen to be listening to Nneka right this very moment [Victim of Truth] on my iPod shuffle. For those of you who don't know her, she's a Nigerian hip-hop/soul singer. Her other albums include 'No Longer at ease' and 'Soul is heavy'. If you're into the 'conscious' type of music you'll like her. Truly gifted and sings with a true and sincere heart.
Well since this isn't an artist review (even though I've kinnda done that), let us focus on her hair shall we  ;). She's pretty low maintenance (my kinnda style) but keeps it looking nice nonetheless.

Hold on, be strong, go on, see we won't divide, see we multiply

Let us make a change, why can't we turn the page.........
Yeh we are created in a beautiful way

Wake up Africa, wake up and stop blaming

Wake up world, wake up and stop sleeping


You pick me up but you put me in........


See everything changes......

All of these material things shouldn't want to make me miss longing for spiritual growth and food
Do you hide behind your holiness and make other people confess sin......
He's a player not yet ready to behave mature
A man who makes a child still not ready to see his future


It's about loving love, showing love, doing love, living love, staying in love

Soldiers, rise up, stand up, get up

Gave me your hand, reached out for you, this don't make me dependent on you

You make me strong
Oh God of mercy, I appreciate thee......

If I didn't ask, would you give me what I gave to you
Can you see the pain you're causing

Can you see my heart is beating
God no go give you anything you no go fit deal with

The thing way no fit kill you in go make you strong


Ok so I couldn't help it... Had to put the first line of the chorus of each of her songs on the 'Victim of truth' album as the caption in most the pictures. If you are intrigued and wanna know more, you can download her album on iTunes. She's a really talented singer and you know, I gotta rep my people ;)

Anyways stay blessed.
One LOVE.

Miss Jay :)



No comments:

Post a Comment