Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gone till November ;)

Just thought I'd sign in before another month goes by. Not much has been happening on the hair front as I decided to leave my braids in for another month (so help me God), as I was moving jobs and didn't want any added stress. I have also been very conservative in looking after it as my routine currently consists of washing (yes to carrots shampoo), air drying, moisturizing (kinky curly knot today) and sealing (avocado or other oil) once a week. When I do remember (which is quite rare I must confess, I spritz with water...oh and that includes walking in the rain :D).

Ok, so I have some great news...are you ready???......*drumrolls*...... and no I didn't get married, have a baby or win the lotto just yet (I actually hate that word 'lotto'...cringe)....
.... I FOUND A NEW HAIR SALON!!!!!!! I know awesome right....lol..

So I'm walking down clarendon street with my friend the other day when we pass by this brazilian salon where they had the 'twisted sista' range on display. I decided to walk in and look around. A very friendly hair dresser walked up to my friend and I and we had a nice chat about my hair type and what they could do with it. He was really nice and told me to come whenever I wanted. After my experience here, I think one can understand my immense joy.

That being said, I still miss having straight hair every now and again but was brought back to reality yesterday when a saw a soft bouncy afro swaying in front of me....I must say, the wearer (and it was a gorgeous he) garnered quite the attention. I smiled to myself and thought how lucky I am to have such beautiful hair.
I'm now looking forward to taking out my braids and reviving some hand-in-hair syndrome ;)

* * *

In other news, the past couple weekends have been fairly interesting, hanging out with my girl J.Go. She's also into hair and I will be featuring her on this blog soon. 
We went make up browsing the other day, and although I'm not into make up, I found a brand that's quite 'natural' and which I think I'd be interested in investing in. Anyone heard of Bare Minerals?? 


I think they are awesome... My housemate kept commenting on how I looked so 'refreshed' hours after the make up assistant had applied the product.
I like the fact that they contain SPF and are quite healthy for the skin. Their products claim to have macro and micro minerals, which increase cell turnover, improve luminosity and help the skin defend against environmental stressors. (sounds good, doesn't it).

I would however love to know if there are any rival products out there before I invest in this brand. Knowing me, I'd probably only use it when going out to events or something. I used to break out with MAC blushes, and even though I've started an anti-blemish regimen with Neutrogena (who saw the 2 for 1 offer in boots...lol), I am looking forward to using a line without the after effect of le pimples.
Anyways, that's all for now (sigh....I really have missed blogging).


Take care and God bless,
xoxo
Miss Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment