Saturday, May 5, 2012

Style Series 5 - the 'mini' twist

5th of May, 2012

So I don't know what possessed me to do this at 11:30pm last night, but I had just washed my hair and there and then decided that I was going to put in some mini-twists.

I started twisting the 1st of 4 'big' sections at like 11:30ish and didn't go to bed till like 2am.
I then woke up at 9am or so and continued the rest. It took me watching (and crying to) the second half of 'Precious' and 'The Sisterhood of the traveling pants 1&2' to finish my whole head.... sigh, now I really wanna go to Greece.

Anywayz, I plan on keeping them in for 3-4 weeks and boy am I looking forward to taking a break from styling my hair.

Below are the Steps, tools/ingredients I used as well as some pics. Enjoy!!!

PRODUCTS (L to R): T44Z(scalp & hairline), shea butter, jojoba oil, water, detangling comb





Step 1: As my hair was already in 4 sections from the wash, I decided to take down one section and  make about 6  vertical parts from my midline to my ear.

Step 2: I twisted each mini section loosely and then started mini-twisting section by section. 

the mini sections from the vertical parts

Step 3: I did about 4 sets of twist for each mini section. (As my hair density is quite low, you may need more mini-sections or twists per section). For each mini twist, I'd first of all spritz my hair with water then apply some shea butter to that section before sealing with jojoba oil.

Step 4: I'd then detangle the section starting from root to tip using a medium sized comb, before twisting. (I find it's easier to detangle if you got a good amount of oil on each section). 

Step 5: After completing one of the 4 big sections, I'd move to the next and the next, until I was done twisting my whole head of hair.


the 2 front sections



section 3 complete, about to start section 4



A close up view of the roots (which ideally should be a bit tighter)



another view



the back view


side view




I tried twisting and pinning the front section.





The remaining pics are of the finished style...they look more like midi twists to me now that I look at them...ah wells, enjoy!!!


getting my 'bob marley' on ;)


ok, so I noticed my mirror was a bit TOO 'cloudy'













And that's all for now folks.

xoxo
Miss Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment