Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Style Series 4


The 'dry' bun- Wahhhhhhh :'( i can't find the 'hash' / 'pound' key on my laptop keypad. Yes, call me 'bush' or uncivilized....but the truth remains that its not there staring up at me *wipes tear*
I guess the reason for this could be that this is an 'Aba' (meaning fake) style series; i'll explain.
You see, I didn't do too much with my hair over the lent period. I guess she too was fasting...lol.
One of the few things I did do was to perfect my bun. Unlike my previous post, this was done on 'dry', stretched out hair

I'd also like to apologize in advance for not having pics for each stage. As it stands i'm not an octopus yet ;) and until I get a tripod, please bear with me :)

Stretched out hair- I stretched out my hair by dividing my hair into 4 sections after washing it and making 2-4 twists per section. So in total I had between 8-16 twists. I tied my hair down in a ponytail and 'rocked' that hairstyle for about 2 days. On the third day, I took it out and.....

Step 1: Unravel the twists and mist each section of hair with water (or a water: glycerin mix- 60:40) using a spray bottle.

Step 2: Moisturize and seal each section using a moisturizer and oil of your choice. (I used Giovanni Direct Leave-in conditioner to moisturize and sealed with avocado oil.)


Step 3: Tie your hair into a low ponytail using an ouch less/ snag free ponytail holder



Step 4: Use your index finger to make a 'hole' in the middle of your ponytail and using that as your vantage point, distribute the hairs outwards (like a star)

Step 5: At 12 o'clock, divide the hair into two parts, and starting with the right section, gather and tuck the hair in as you move clockwise. As you approach 12 o'clock again, continue to roll and tuck in the section you left out together with the hairs in your hand.
(i hope this is not too confusing... I could do a video to demonstrate if need be)

Step 6: When you have your bun, use another ponytail holder to secure the bun in its place and voila!!!.




Step 7: Tie a satin scarf over your head for at least 10-15mins to allow the style to set.

front-top view

another view


and another


back view- z bun

and that's all for now folks.

xoxo,
Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment