Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Deep Conditioning to the rescue

You see in the last few weeks (and I'm ashamed to say how many) I have failed to DC. And I have an excuse (at least I think I do) - I ran out of deep conditioner *bows head in shame*.
Last sunday, it all became too much and I decided that I HAD to buy a DC at all costs.
Now I could have gone through the stress of looking for the closest 'ethnic' store but I was so desperate that I just went to the nearest boots store and purchased my DC and a few other bobs as there was a 3 for 2 offer. (I kno I'm supposed to have given up PJism but 3 for 2????, common now...I'm an ijebu girl;)


Anyways I bought the Tressemme thermal recovery treatment mask as it was cheaper than my regular ORS replenishing conditioner...Imagine the last time I checked they were selling it for 10 bucks...a whole 10 bucks..they must really have liver(guts). 






Moving on...lol..so the last time I used this DC, I mixed it with some Giovanni SAS conditioner as it was almost finished and the outcome I remember was real good. My concoction had soo much slip and detangled my hair pretty well. Now prior to this,I had used the tressemme on my relaxed hair and didn't like it much.
So much to my surprise there's this article on CN a day after buying this product and its about choosing the perfect DC. Talk about co-incidence ay. Boy was I happy when I read the recommended ingredient list and found that my new buy had passed the ingredient test.

This morning I decided to d/c at the expense of being late to work (well I was only 5 mins late so that's not too bad).I also wasn't feeling the whole sleeping on wet hair business last night.
So how did I like it?? It was amazingggg!!!!! As before, it had soooo much slip and detangling was much easier. I used quite a bit of product but the tub still looked pretty full.


Would I recommend it? Well I'm no expert but it sure did work well for me. I'd say to give it a shot if you live far from an 'ethnic' store and need an emergency DC. I'm pretty lax about ingredients and so will use commercially made products, provided they don't contain the real 'baddies' like mineral oil, petrolatum and the like. That said, the ORS replenishing conditioner is still my no 1 staple.





Here are pics of the other items I bought with the 3 for 2 deal:


I've heard so much abt this product and since
 I'm out of HE HH/BE, I decided to try this.




This is my 4th buy as they keep breaking

Thought I'd try a new accessory


That's all for now folks.


xoxo
Miss Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment