Sunday, April 15, 2012

Going out + Natural hair

I'm in desperate need of funky quick transition hair styles for going out. My friend invited me to go salsa dancing and in the midst of my studying, I started planning vigorously. 'What shall I do to my hair and what outfit would match with it?' Mind you I had just over an hour to get home, take a shower, pick an outfit and do my hair.

I thought of a top knot bun but remembered past experiences and many failed attempts. As I couldn't come up with anything, I decided to do my 'one in town' bun using some kinky curly gel this time around. Whilst in the shower I did a quick co-wash with my HE BE. With water running down my hair, I put my hair in a low ponytail. (I find it's always sleeker making your ponytail when it's this saturated). After getting out of the shower, I applied my Giovanni Direct leave in conditioner, followed by the kinky curly curling custard. I brushed my hair using a soft boar brush and then sealed with some moroccan oil.

I think it was the best idea in the end cos boy did I dance till my feet hurt. At the end of the night my hair was still looking immaculate. By the way I spotted another natural at the opposite side of salsa bar...go her...lol. I should have shuffled my way through to have some  hair talk (you know you're natural when........)


You know what was real funny, the next day I had to go to work for some teaching thing and a classmate approached me and was like were you in the Westin yesterday?? If I could blush i'm sure I would have been red all over and that's because I'm usually shy and reserved so it was as though my alter-ego had been exposed. But hey, there's nothing to be ashamed of; I love my dance and he loves his salsa too...and did I mention he's more reserved than I am??? So ya, that makes two of us.

Anyways, If any of you are ever in the area and want to check out a salsa club, I would thoroughly recommend the mint bar on Friday nights.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to take pics in my rush,  however, my friend did take a few group pics, so whenever i'm able to get them off her, i'll upload em. Below are the products I used.

oh and that's how much hair I lost in my rush..lol



I also happen to have an older pic from the last time we went salsa dancing. On that occasion, I did a poofy side part and used a flower to accessorize (I think I might do a style series on this later)



XoXo,
Miss J



.

No comments:

Post a Comment