Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Introducing 'DERM CORNER'

lalala
........ YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!

So I've been wanting to get my 'geek' on but have been procrastinating for a while now. I figured that since I'm 2 years old, I should grow up and talk about hair more in-depth.

I must confess though, there were 3 trains of thought holding me back.
1. There are a gazillion blogs that talk about hair, its science, products to use etc; so I was thinking, why bother and do whats already been done? After all I could always refer people to those blogs!!
2. I also realize that I'm one who likes to get the general gist of things as opposed to being bogged down with nitty-gritty details; Co-incidentally, I happen to be a perfectionist and know that if I started blogging on certain hair topics, I'd have to source out the in-depth information that I tend to scan through.
3. I personally like to look at pictures rather than texts when I look at a blog so I thought it would be boring having all this information.

But then I realized....
1. Teaching people what you've learnt not only solidifies your knowledge but also helps you learn more, as people are bound to ask questions.
2. There is such a huge lack of scientific knowledge about hair in our society; people often go on 'she said' 'he said'; and so I hope that people may be more willing to listen especially since it's coming from one of their own.
3. People like my sis who are so not into hair would be able to get info from my blog which they'd otherwise not seek out (and hopefully with that info I can sway them into becoming natural...mwahahahahaha!!!!)
 4. Also, giving that I have a science background, I may be in a good position to give factual information with the resources at my disposal. (I'm gonna have to put my research hat on....boy, this is gonna be hard work...lol). But you know what how cool would it be to be able to use the information gathered in both a professional and social setting??

My goal for this 'corner' is to talk about hair from both a dermatological and cosmetic view point.
For those who don't like to read so much text, I'll have a 'Did you know that...." section with short and sweet bullet points.
I'd also like to make this section as picture heavy as possible to make reading and understanding easier. (I don't know about you but I'm a visual learner).

Hope ye all enjoy it and learn loads....I'd be doing some learning too for y'all ;)

I'll be posting soon so watch this space !!!!!!.

XoXo
Miss Jay

-

No comments:

Post a Comment