Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My 2 year transiversary


Nappy birthday to me, nappy birthday to me :)


Wooohooo!!!! i'm 2 years old today. It's been a long but awesome journey...

A few Things I've learnt:
- Everyone's hair grows. I've grown about 2/3 of my relaxed hair length in 2 years.
- I retain the most length when my hair is least manipulated- e.g. braids.
- My hair texture is very fine and density quite low.
- Natural hair can look very neat.
- I LOVE my hair!!!!!!!!

Frustrations:
Ah yes its not always all that and a bag of chips.
- Detangling can take hours but it's always worth it.
- Straightening my hair myself is still something I prefer not to do cos of the time and EFFORT it takes.
- Ah yes and good ol shrinkage.

Birthday wish list ;)
- Tripod
- Microscope
- Heutiful hair steamer
- The Shea Moisture family

Updates on the BC:
I'm still not ready to BC :(  I was watching a YT video of a long term transitioner who bc'd and I was shocked at the shrinkage. Now her hair is pretty much the same length as mine and so I imagine i'll have the same amount of shrinkage and I know I'm being wimpy right now, but I just can't. Not now.
I also fear that I'd have to spend an awful lot of time on my hair doing twist outs and what not, and right now spending my time wisely is more of a priority.
So ya, I think I may just go another year and if the going get's tough, to braid it up and have some peace of mind.
So with that I say hair goal for BC- BSL
Right now i'm on APL when stretched out- relaxed bits inclusive.

That's all for now.

XOXO
Miss Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment